the amazing skin was created by vanessa of shine and caution. site graphics (except for the gifs) and codes (canon list, app, etc.) were made by lee. site concept by lee and lizard. star trek, in and of itself, belongs to gene roddenberry, who first created the amazing world we're playing in. and thank you, jj abrams, for bringing it back to life. toy story, of course, belongs to the amazing pixar. original characters belong to their respective players, along with the plots that they have come up with.
USS Enterprise
FORECAST: common spaces are kept at a mild temperature
set in february, 2259

into darkness has begun!
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

// turn your face toward the sun, lee's babies
LEE
lee
time lady
mockingjay
hufflepuff
cat lady in training
lee
PRONOUNS: she/her
TIMEZONE: pacific
CONTENT: sure
PREFERRED P.O.V: third
sharon powell
24. engineering. engineer. LIEUTENANT.
okay, this here is shay. she is an engineer that absolutely loves her job and loves being on the enterprise. she is good at what she does and catches onto new techniques very quickly and can get to places others can't due to her small size. she is the eldest of twelve and they were all raised to be well rounded people, meaning that shay has varied interests outside of engineering. she gets along with just about everyone but say nothing offensive about her family or about her lack of height. she may be small but she can be really scary when pissed off. it’s an easy way to get on her bad side.

to those on her good side she is extremely loyal and would do anything for. but shay can often easily get on the bad side of others as well for she is extremely blunt and doesn't think before she speaks. shay also is not able to say no to a new task and quite often takes on so many tasks that she ends up running around like a chicken with its head cut off. she simply takes on too much and won't do anything about it until she crashes and her crashes usually involve her puking her guts up for a few days. and then she starts it all over again. so, friends, enemies, lovers, shay is in need of them all! let's plot!

anthony carver
23. security. chief of security. LIEUTENANT COMMANDER.
meet tony. he is the young chief of security onboard the enterprise, the best friend of sam ellis and elder brother of natalie carver. he is a very confident person who can sometimes be a bit full of himself but that's until his sister gets a hold of him and knocks some sense into him. it is because of his little sister that he went into security and joined starfleet in the first place for he is very protective of her.

tony is a bit of a flirt though not as much of once since he had matured a lot since he was seventeen, which is when his younger sister was raped. but while he can be a bit full of himself sometimes, he is a decent guy. a homegrown texan that likes to get his hands dirty. so friends, enemies, lovers, he needs them all! let's plot!

christopher pike
53. starfleet academy. RECRUITING OFFICER/TACTICAL ANALYSIS INSTRUCTOR. ADMIRAL.
okay, for those of you that don't know who chris here is, he is the former captain of the uss enterprise that james kirk relieved and is now an admiral that can't wait to get out of the wheelchair he is currently stuck in. he was born and raised in mojave, california where his mother stll lives, his father having passed away when he was twenty six. he was assigned to the uss kelvin when he was twenty-two to work on his dissertation and became good friends with george kirk over the next few years, though he was in the sickbay with a high fever when the kelvin was destroyed.

he is the one that dared james kirk to 'do better' for he saw the potential within the kid to be as good an officer as his father had been. he is the one that talks to those that most starfleet recruiters would not, a mantel that george had once held and chris does in his friends memory. also, if you don't have a sense of humor then chris thinks there is something seriously wrong with you. so, that's chris in a nutshell! let's plot!

alesia kapori
25. trevi. true queen of trevia. resistance leader.
okay, so this is alesia kapori, the only kapori to survive the massacre that wiped out her family when she was three. a servant smuggled her off trevia and to malamata, where she was taken in by the kanon family and raised as one of their own. but they never let her forget who she truly was and where she came from. when whispers of resistance made it to malmata just before her twentieth birthday, alesia knew that it was time for her to return, time for her to take back the throne that was rightfully hers and get rid of the two that had wanted her family dead.

she stands with her head held high as the now sole leader of the resistance, though she has many much older than her to give the young woman advice when she needs it. there are only a select few that she allows to see through her façade of strength and poise and to see the young woman that she still is, sometimes uncertain of herself and her decisions. but the people of trevia need her and she gives them hope, and she is determined not to let them down. she's got enemies already, atima and anyone loyal to him, but she's going to need friends, supporters and perhaps the occasional lover so she can blow off some steam. so, let’s plot!

kestra bariel
21. medical. nurse. LIEUTENANT.
This here is Kestra, one of the four Bariel siblings onboard the Enterprise. There used to be five of them in total, but their sister Jemma was on one of the ships destroyed by Nero. Kestra loves to help people, even those that hurt her, as her peers back on Betazoid did. She's one of those that always looks for the upside of the situation. But just because they don't like her, doesn't mean she won't help them. She has a big heart and doesn't like seeing people in pain, and after Nero's attack, she wants to help people even more since she wasn't able to help Jemma. Also due to Nero's attack, she's considering the idea of returning to the Academy to become a doctor instead of just a nurse so that she can do more to help people.

She needs friends, probably mostly people in the medical department. She doesn't get close to people easy, due to having old friends turn on her back when she and her siblings developed their abilities ahead of time, but once she learns to trust you she's loyal and will be extremely hurt if you betray that trust. Enemies, there's bound to be a few people that she just rubs wrong with, or are wary of her abilities. Lovers might be interesting, especially if someone that has been with her sister gets confused and thinks Kestra is Malyn. But she is open to dating, though it might be hard to get her attention after everything with Nero since working is a way of forgetting the void left by the death of Jemma. Anyway, it's after midnight and I'm rambling. Let's plot!

nyota uhura
25. communications. CHIEF COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER. LIEUTENANT.
okay, so everyone knows who Nyota is if you've watched the movie. Chief Communications Officer of the Enterprise and one of three children. She's twenty-four years old, soon to be twenty-five, and is definitely the kind of person to go after what she wants. She worked her butt off to get into Starfleet and to get onto the Enterprise, and when she realized that she was interested in Spock, she waited until she was technically no longer student and asked him out. She is also in love with the Vulcan so she's covered there and will shoot down any flirting faster than she turned down Jim Kirk, who she is warming up to after everything with Nero (his words to Spock made her hate him). Anyway, I'm rambling. You know her. Let's plot.
evelyn ashford
26. security. MACO LIAISON OFFICER. private.
evelyn, who also goes by evie, is a part of the maco team assigned to the enterprise. she's a rather recent recruit, having only joined when she was twenty-four. she's a former top fuel dragster driver who retired after her father, who was also in top fuel, had an accident and was killed. her mother died a year later, just before evelyn turned twenty-four. she joined maco after her father's former crew chief came to see her on her twenty-fourth birthday, and he mentioned that his son had joined maco.

it sparked interest in evelyn, and she joined, looking for a fresh start. she's very determined (she got straight a's in school from twelve to graduation so she could race when she turned sixteen), sarcastic, and is determined to live her life to the fullest in memory of her parents.

zivata korvali
22. alien. seamstress - loyal to alesia.
So, this is Zivata. She was born and raised on Trevia and the only child of a scholar and a seamstress. Her parents were killed when she was fifteen because they had books that Atima had banned. Books of the history of other planets, languages not their own, and about the Federation. Her father had been teaching her some Standard before he was killed. She had worked with her mother before her death, and after she took her mother's place in the shop where she had worked.

Once Subplot 009 is finished, Zivata will be leaving Trevia with the Enterprise and heading to Earth to join Starfleet Academy. She has a desire to learn, to see the universe, and of course to get away from the planet where so many, including her parents, we killed.

Of course, she's going to be a bit hesitant when you first meet her, since she won't completely understand what's being said.

CODE
[dohtml]<center><div style="width: 240px;padding: 30px; background-color: #121212; border-bottom: 4px solid #3AE1F7; color: #ffffff; font-family: raleway; font-size: 20px; text-align: right; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 900; font-style: normal; letter-spacing: 0px; word-spacing: 0px; line-height: 20px; ">

name & name

</div><div style="width: 270px; padding: 15px; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/celbtuh.png); border-bottom: 1px solid #3AE1F7;"><div style="width: 240px; padding: 10px; background-color: #ffffff;"><div style="width: 230px; padding: 0px 5px; color: #242424; font-family: calibri; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-weight: normal; font-style: none; letter-spacing: 0px; word-spacing: 0px; line-height: 10px;">

your reply can go here. look at this nonsense.

</div></div></div></div></center>[/dohtml]
NATALIE AMANDA CARVER
HUMAN
LIEUTENANT
EXOZOOLOGIST
Lia
PRONOUNS:
TIMEZONE:
PREFERRED P.O.V:
Nat & Shay
So... I said I would get back to you about these two in my plotter once I had more time to settle down and figure out the ramifications of everything that happened and how long it will take for Natalie to open up to her once more. It's been... a while since I said that (whoopsie) and I could have responded to you again over there, but your plotter was looking lonely so I decided to bug you over here instead. xD

So I was thinking! What if like... Natalie closes herself off to everyone for the first two or three weeks. Shay's been trying to be there for her while giving Natalie space, but has been bringing her food on occasion and urging her to eat (I think... you said she would do that and I am too lazy to at the other plotter so shh go with it maybe? xD). So what if one time Shay brings food and leaves it by her door as usual. Natalie doesn't respond, but then the door opens and Nat grabs her tray of food. EXCEPT instead of taking it into the room to eat alone like usual, Natalie steps out into the common area and sits down with Shay? They don't talk much that first little dinner session, but after that time Nat keeps coming out with her food and they start talking more again?
PRONOUNS:
TIMEZONE:
PREFERRED P.O.V:
Briar & Evelyn
okay, I'm thinking that since these two ladies have a lot in common, I was thinking that they might possibly be friends in some way? I don't have anything super specific for them, I just thought I'd put it out there :3
SHARON CHRISTINA POWELL
shay
human
lieutenant
Maintenance engineer
hetero
lee
Nat & Shay
Haha XD

Oh yeah, she would just slid in food to Natalie and walk away. Probably with an occasional "eat it" thrown into the mix. That sounds like a plan, a super cute plan. Shay will probably be like "....." at first before fighting down a grin at the fact that Nat is eating with others again. But yeah, love it XD

BRIAR & EVELYN
oh yeah, can definitely see them being friends. And I believe they are roommates as well, if I remember right when I updated the rooming list when Briar was accepted
PRONOUNS:
TIMEZONE:
PREFERRED P.O.V:
Briar & Evelyn
If they're roommates, chances are Briar has woken up Evelyn in the middle of the night at least once (possibly several times) because of nightmares about Tarsus. So I'm thinking that a thread somehow involving that could be fun.
EVELYN NICOLE ASHFORD
evie
human
private
maco liaison officer
hetero
lee
Briar & Evelyn
sounds like a plan smile.gif you start or would you like me to?

ZIVATA DULIMA KORVALI
ziv
trevi
soon to be first year cadet
undeclared major
bisexual
Lee
added Zivata
LEONIDAS ARGENT
Leo
platonian
looks 30
second year cadet
possibly linguist
heterosexual
lizard
PRONOUNS: she / her
TIMEZONE: EST -5
CONTENT:
PREFERRED P.O.V:
leo & ziv
so after he gets kidnapped in that one plot because he's blonde, he's totally gonna come back to earth and hang with ziv. ptsd with kidnapping from when he was a kid and all. anyway, he'll wanna hang out with her and stuff. also future lovers? i think yes.
ZIVATA DULIMA KORVALI
ziv
trevi
soon to be first year cadet
undeclared major
bisexual
Lee
leo & ziv
definitely. need some static quake smile.gif

JAMES TIBERIUS KIRK
Jim
Human
Captain
Captain
Pansexual
Bee
PRONOUNS: She/Her
TIMEZONE: EST
CONTENT:
PREFERRED P.O.V:
Chris & Jim
So someone mentioned in the cbox 'missing your Pike' and I'm freaking because idk if that means you don't want to play him anymore or if they were referring to the Event We Shall Not Discuss in ID, but either way I really, really hope we can do at least one thread together! I've always wanted to play with a Pike; his and Jim's relationship is so important to me in the course of Jim's fledgling captaincy and I imagine he not-so-casually comms Pike on the regular "like heyyyy, so I did this thing, that's cool and definitely what a Captain would do right". You know, except when it comes to leading development-intervening away missions to primitive planets. http://files.jcink.net/uploads/tiab/Main_Cbox_Smiles/biggrin.png Let me know if you're up for something with these two! Maybe we could do a past thread where they bond, or a comm thread shortly before Nibiru?
CHRISTOPHER ANDREW PIKE
chris
human
admiral
recruiting officer/tactical analysis instructor
hetero
lee
Chris & Jim
yeah, that was just reference to the upcoming Event We Shall Not Discuss in ID that will be leaving me a sobbing mess when it comes. we could do ALL THE THREADS! and even after the Event We Shall Not Discuss in ID, past threads could still happen (account will still exist, just be changed to deceased user group). omg of course I'm up for something with these two! again, ALL THE THREADS!!!!

@JAMES TIBERIUS KIRK
S'CHN T'GAI SPOCK
spock
human/vulcan
twenty-nine
commander
first officer
asexual
tesla
TIMEZONE: central
CONTENT: all audiences
PREFERRED P.O.V: third person
spock && uhura
so obviously these two have some plotting to catch up on. be prepared, because I have a bad habit of worldbuilding and I've done way too much thinking about Spock in the past ever since the alternate universe films came out. so everything I bring up has been thoroughly thought over, but not strictly tested in a roleplaying setting, so if you see anything you'd like to discuss then I'm more than happy to.

what I've picked up so far from your end is that Nyota was the one to ask Spock out, which I can totally roll with. given his attitude and predominantly vulcan upbringing, I picture him being kind of mute on the matter unless it was with his vulcan betrothed ( in whatever way all that works in the new universe ).

ultimately, I imagine that their relationship is a highly interesting one for various reasons -- their differing races for one, and his status as a hybrid in and of itself can present difficulties that wouldn't arise were she dating a full-blooded vulcan or a full-blooded human due to the inner conflicts that Spock goes through. lots of room for fun, I imagine. is there anything in particular that interests you to write?

also I'm aware that there have been other Spocks before me, so if there are any specifics to their relationship that you like or want to figure out and continue, I'm down for looking at taking them into consideration for my portayal.

NYOTA PENDA UHURA
uhura
human
lieutenant
chief communications officer
hetero
lee
nyota & spock
yusssss! all the plotting! and worldbuilding for the win!!

yes! the idea of her asking him out was something that I actually pulled from the comics because I loved it so much. much of her background I did pull from the comics I fit into the universe that we'd created here on TIAB. and simply because a lot of the spock/uhura moments in the comics are <3333333

oh god yes, definitely an interesting one. but even with all the difficulties, she does her best to just be there for him whenever he needs it (like the turbolift scene). though there are probably times where she does get frustrated (like getting mad at him in ID because she thinks he didn't care) but she still wouldn't trade it for the world.

sadly the majority of our previous spocks didn't really last long :/ (at least not since I started playing nyota). so nothing to carry over.

@S'CHN T'GAI SPOCK
S'CHN T'GAI SPOCK
spock
human/vulcan
twenty-nine
commander
first officer
asexual
tesla
TIMEZONE: central
CONTENT: all audiences
PREFERRED P.O.V: third person
spock && uhura
my apologies for disappearing. i got busy, and then i got kind of sick-feeling. is there anywhere, or any kind of interaction, that you'd be prepared to start trying to roleplay? i always feel that's the best way to determine exactly how two muses are going to get along.

it's easy to say one thing and then have an entirely different thing happen when you begin writing. i'm cool with plotting general details and stuff, but i worry about limiting ourselves with too much plotting and so i guess i'm not sure what to add further, plot-wise, until we've tried interacting them a little bit. does that make sense? again, i apologise for disappearing.

i confess, i've never got to read the comics. is there a reading order and/or a place to read them online? i would certainly be interested, but comic-book reading is a bit too expensive a hobby for someone like me. xDD

NYOTA PENDA UHURA
uhura
human
lieutenant
chief communications officer
hetero
lee
nyota & spock
so, so, SO SORRY FOR THE LATE RESPONSE (grad school is kicking my ass)

I've got nothing particular in mind, atm. And agreed, that is the best way to learn how they'll interact.

oh gosh, ain't that the truth. I've had characters pull stuff that just leaves me there like http://files.jcink.net/uploads/tiab/Main_Cbox_Smiles/blink.png http://files.jcink.net/uploads/tiab/Main_Cbox_Smiles/confused1.gif "where did that come from?!" makes complete sense to me!

I read them online! Here is where to read them. There are many, many more beyond that series, but that's where it starts. The comics have some great little character things that I love. and possibly some storylines that may get used on site at some point in the future too.

@S'CHN T'GAI SPOCK
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  
TRYSSARIA LARIA ARIL -- Tryssaria Laria Aril - Tag SHAY (Engineering Mess Deck P)
TRYSSARIA LARIA ARIL -- Tryssaria Laria Aril - Tag Open (Engineering)
PAVEL ANDREYEVICH CHEKOV -- tag rescue team
PAVEL ANDREYEVICH CHEKOV -- Tag Bones
PAMELA KEI PARADIS -- Open Thread With Pam Click here! Come shatter her moment of silence.
KESTRA CITLALI BARIEL -- tag bariel siblings!
ANTHONY DANIEL CARVER -- tage jamie
ZIVATA DULIMA KORVALI -- for kirk
SANSA MOIRA DIXON -- Tag Kirk!
SANSA MOIRA DIXON -- Open thread in the Security Complex!
KESTRA CITLALI BARIEL -- tag azuma
CHRISTOPHER ANDREW PIKE -- tag victoria
SHARON CHRISTINA POWELL -- tag kyler
CHRISTOPHER ANDREW PIKE -- tag leo
ALESIA KAYLAYLA KAPORI -- trevia team thread 3

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Rise of the Believers Welcome to Starfleet Bombarda Maxima: Personified Trischool Potterverse The Almanac Effect ScatterStar The Corner Of No And Where With Great Powers Shadow Fleet 

sknned by vanessa of shine and caution