<% groupcolors %>
credits & thanks
The amazing skin was created by vanessa of shine and caution. Site graphics (except for the gifs) and codes (canon list, app, etc.) were made by Lee. Site concept by Lee and Lizard. Star trek, in and of itself, belongs to Gene Roddenberry, who first created the amazing world we're playing in. And thank you, JJ Abrams, for bringing it back to life. Toy Story, of course, belongs to the amazing Pixar. Original characters belong to their respective players, along with the plots that they have come up with.
SETTING
JANUARY, 2259
07/06 otm winners now up! new skin up! happy 5th birthday tiab!

06/26 otm nominations now open!

06/06 otm winners now up! check-in now open!

05/26 otm nominations now open!

05/11 otm winners now up!

04/28 otm nominations now open!

04/06 otm winners now up! check-in now open!

03/26 otm nominations now open!

03/09 otm winners now up!

02/26 otm nominations now open!

02/07 otm winners now up! check-in now open!

01/31 otm voting now open!

01/26 otm nominations now open!

01/07 otm winners now up!

12/22 new skin now up!

12/06 otm winners now up!

12/01 otm voting now open!

11/27 otm nominations now open!

11/16 check in now closed

11/06 otm winners now up! check-in now open!

11/02 otm voting now open!

10/27 otm nominations now open!

10/16 check in now closed

10/06 otm winners now up! check-in now open!

09/09 otm winners now up!

08/06 otm winners now up!

07/31 otm voting now open!

07/26 otm nominations now open!

07/26 otm winners now up! and happy 4th birthday tiab!

07/02 new skin now up!

07/01 otm voting now open!

06/26 otm nominations now open!

06/06 otm winners now up!

06/01 otm voting now open!

05/26 otm nominations now open!

05/08 otm winners now up!

05/03 otm voting now open!

04/29 otm nominations now open!

04/06otm winners now up!

04/01 otm voting now open!

03/26 otm nominations now open!

03/09 otm winners now up!

03/06 activity check has begun!

03/03 otm voting now open!

02/26 otm nominations now open!

02/07 check-in now in progress

02/05 otm winners now up!

02/01 otm voting now open!

01/26 otm nominations now open!

01/06 otm winners now up!

12/06 new skin now up!

subplot 009 sign-ups

CHARACTER SPOTLIGHT

happy 5th birthday tiab!

Add Reply
New Poll

An Error Has Occurred, @ YVAINE AMBERLE STARK
croweater CST She/Her 16 Offline 15-August 13 CIVILIAN
580 POINTS EARNED
53 POSTS MADE
Kyler
Nature Lover
Straight
human
civilian
PLOT WITH Kyler
Kyler Ward
Ward,Kyler@enterprise.padd.mail

2 New Message(s)
4 Sent
10 Deleted
>
Files : >
Assignments

SUBJECT: Calculation Error & Note clarrfication
TO : Stark, YvaineA@starfleetacademy.padd.mail

Commander Stark,

I was hoping you could help me and clarify the assignment from your class. I apologize I'm unable to come in during your office hours. I'm on the USS Enterprise, but I was hoping you could help me here.

Reading through my notes from our last class I'm confused by the example you used for the Digital Computer Models section. I've attached a copy of my notes if you can maybe see what I did wrong? I've tried it a few times and even tried to look through the e-book and I'm still not computing the process. If you could help me I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank very much, Civ. Kyler Ward

@YVAINE AMBERLE STARK
Eowyn eastern Offline 27-June 17 CIVILIAN
550 POINTS EARNED
9 POSTS MADE
medical student
human
civilian
PLOT WITH
SUBJECT: Re: Calculation Error & Note clarrfication
RECIPIENT: Ward,Kyler@enterprise.padd.mail
Ms. Ward,

I'm terribly sorry, but there seems to have been a bit of a mix-up. As much as I would love to be able to help you, I'm not able to do so. I think the person you meant to contact was Elaine Stark. (No, she and I aren't at all related, by the way. Just in case you were going to ask... as most people who know her or know of her do.) She's one of the engineering instructors at the Academy.

As for me, I'm not an instructor at all. In fact, I've been accepted as a student and will be starting classes at the beginning of the next term. I recently completed a pre-med program at a regular university, but will be finishing my medical degree through Starfleet Academy. And it's funny that you're on the Enterprise. That's the ship I hope to get assigned to when I graduate. I know it's not likely to happen, though, given how much competition there will be and how few (if any) spots are likely to be open by that time.

Anyway, I can probably get the Commander's correct address for you if you'd like me to try. I know of a couple of fellow soon-to-be-students that are going into a similar field to yours. They might have it or know someone who does. That's unfortunately the most help I can give. From the looks of the notes you've sent along, the trouble you're having is way above my limited understanding of computers. I really only use them for communications, research, and things related to the medical field.

Sorry again!

~Yvaine Stark~

@KYLER TRINITY WARD
580 POINTS EARNED
53 POSTS MADE
Kyler
Nature Lover
Straight
human
civilian
PLOT WITH Kyler
Kyler Ward

2 New Message(s)
4 Sent
10 Deleted
>
Assignments

Yvaine,

Oh wow, I'm sorry, but it makes me feel better knowing I'm not the first to have done it. I admit I didn't really pay attention to the first name when I sent the e-mail. You'd think I would. My dad is a former teacher at the academy. I used to get e-mails from his students. It was kind of funny at times but it got annoying too, I was just a kid when he was still teaching.

You're so lucky, I'm not sure when I'll be able to start classes -- not for real at least. I'm taking a few now aboard the ship but it's not the same. As far as the Enterprise it's nice, I'm just anxious to be back on Earth. I hope you make it here. Who knows maybe we'll end up together.

I know the commander's address, if I look for Elaine I'll find it. Just lazy earlier I guess. tongue.gif I want to be an engineer despite what my dad says on the matter. Are they taking her class now? That might be a big help sometimes different people explain things differently.

Engineering is tough I'll admit it, there's a lot of math and formulas I didn't realize how extensive until I started taking classes. But the more I study it the more I love it. I'm, guessing that's the same for you with the medical field?

And please don't be sorry. If this doesn't sound too creepy anything maybe we can keep chatting? I'd love to know how your ambition to join Starfleet goes, I can't wait to be back on earth and do that myself.

~ Kyler

@YVAINE AMBERLE STARK
Eowyn eastern Offline 27-June 17 CIVILIAN
550 POINTS EARNED
9 POSTS MADE
medical student
human
civilian
PLOT WITH
RECIPIENT: Ward,Kyler@enterprise.padd.mail
Kyler,

It's quite alright! Accidents happen. It's not the first time it's happened to me, and I'm sure it won't be the last. She's also gotten some emails intended for me, so it evens out in the end. smile.gif My dad was a stay-at-home dad when I was small, and mum was (and still is) a lawyer. I can see how it would get annoying fast, though. What did your dad teach, if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah, doing things remotely is never as fun as doing them in a traditional academic type setting. Most of the time, anyway. That's good you're able to take some classes ahead of time. Get as many of the extraneous ones out of the way as you can, so you can focus more intensively on the ones you actually need for your major. I did something similar prior to starting at Oxford. Took classes over the summer as much as I could, so I could have more time for the ones relevant to medicine. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your time on the ship. I get how it could induce a bit of stir-craziness, but on the bright side, you'll have an advantage over those who've never been on a starship before. We very well might! If not on the Enterprise then perhaps on another ship.

Haha alright, fair enough xD They're not yet, but they will be when the new term starts... which is not all that far away. If you'd like, I can check with them and see if they're okay with me giving you their contact information so you can get in touch with them about the materials.

It is! There are some formulas and mathematics involved with medicine too, but it's of an entirely different sort than engineering. And yes, that's pretty accurate for me too. To be honest, I hadn't originally intended to go into medicine. I'm glad I changed my mind on the matter, though. I'm finding it's much more rewarding than I had anticipated. So far, at least. But I don't foresee that changing once I start actively practicing.

No, it's not at all creepy. Don't worry. I'd love to keep in touch. I could even show you around a bit once you do get here. Well... assuming I'm actually still here, and haven't graduated and been assigned to a ship yet, of course. happy.gif

~Yvaine~

@KYLER TRINITY WARD
580 POINTS EARNED
53 POSTS MADE
Kyler
Nature Lover
Straight
human
civilian
PLOT WITH Kyler
Kyler Ward

2 New Message(s)
4 Sent
10 Deleted
>
Assignments

Yvaine,

Oh wow XD Must be so awkward for her, let's hope she's as cool about it as you are and not getting any messages that are inappropriate.

After my mom died he stayed at home with me but he got the itch to go back into space, so that's why I'm here. And not at all, he taught all the boring stuff.... chemistry, biochemistry. I don't understand that stuff at all. I'm already failing chemistry I'm dreading him seeing my grade. He'll totally freak out, though it'd be a toss up between him being mad my grade is so low in chemistry and him being mad it's so high in engineering.

I do enjoy it don't get me wrong, I'm just ready to get my feet back on the ground. Doing things aboard ship isn't the same as actually going through the academy or even a regular college. You're so lucky you're getting that chance.

Yes, please do, I'd really appreciate that. Another insight is always good. Goes for you too, if I can help, at all. But since you're hopeful medical I may not be much help, I could always ask around though, most here are pretty cool.

Engineering is different, sure it has formulas and math but it makes more sense than the type in chemistry and other things. My dad taught medicine occasionally, our Cheif Medical Officer, Lt. Commander McCoy had him for that class. I've seen notes from that class and my brain is like 'does not compute' lol

Good, I wasn't sure. XD But awesome, I'll take you up on that, I could use a tour guide. By the time I get back to Earth I'll practically be a tourist. ~ Kyler

@YVAINE AMBERLE STARK
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Rise of the Believers Welcome to Starfleet Bombarda Maxima: Personified Trischool Potterverse The Almanac Effect ScatterStar The Corner Of No And Where With Great Powers Shadow Fleet 

SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE AND CAUTION
NO SPAM NO ADS NO DRAMA