<% groupcolors %>
credits & thanks
The amazing skin was created by vanessa of shine and caution. Site graphics (except for the gifs) and codes (canon list, app, etc.) were made by Lee. Site concept by Lee and Lizard. Star trek, in and of itself, belongs to Gene Roddenberry, who first created the amazing world we're playing in. And thank you, JJ Abrams, for bringing it back to life. Toy Story, of course, belongs to the amazing Pixar. Original characters belong to their respective players, along with the plots that they have come up with.
SETTING
JANUARY, 2259
07/06 otm winners now up! new skin up! happy 5th birthday tiab!

06/26 otm nominations now open!

06/06 otm winners now up! check-in now open!

05/26 otm nominations now open!

05/11 otm winners now up!

04/28 otm nominations now open!

04/06 otm winners now up! check-in now open!

03/26 otm nominations now open!

03/09 otm winners now up!

02/26 otm nominations now open!

02/07 otm winners now up! check-in now open!

01/31 otm voting now open!

01/26 otm nominations now open!

01/07 otm winners now up!

12/22 new skin now up!

12/06 otm winners now up!

12/01 otm voting now open!

11/27 otm nominations now open!

11/16 check in now closed

11/06 otm winners now up! check-in now open!

11/02 otm voting now open!

10/27 otm nominations now open!

10/16 check in now closed

10/06 otm winners now up! check-in now open!

09/09 otm winners now up!

08/06 otm winners now up!

07/31 otm voting now open!

07/26 otm nominations now open!

07/26 otm winners now up! and happy 4th birthday tiab!

07/02 new skin now up!

07/01 otm voting now open!

06/26 otm nominations now open!

06/06 otm winners now up!

06/01 otm voting now open!

05/26 otm nominations now open!

05/08 otm winners now up!

05/03 otm voting now open!

04/29 otm nominations now open!

04/06otm winners now up!

04/01 otm voting now open!

03/26 otm nominations now open!

03/09 otm winners now up!

03/06 activity check has begun!

03/03 otm voting now open!

02/26 otm nominations now open!

02/07 check-in now in progress

02/05 otm winners now up!

02/01 otm voting now open!

01/26 otm nominations now open!

01/06 otm winners now up!

12/06 new skin now up!

subplot 009 sign-ups

CHARACTER SPOTLIGHT

happy 5th birthday tiab!

Add Reply
New Poll

please tell me you didn't explode or something, - uncle bones -
second year cadet LEONIDAS ARGENT
lizard EST -5 she / her 28 Offline 14-July 16 STARFLEET
365 POINTS EARNED
18 POSTS MADE
Leo
looks 30
possibly linguist
heterosexual
platonian
starfleet academy
PLOT WITH Leo
Leo was starting to get worried. No one from the Enterprise had contacted him in a while. After their issue before they took off on the ship, Leo and Tristan had a bit of a falling out. Now, though, Tristan was contacting him once a week to have chats. After all, Leo didn’t really know many people in Starfleet and he needed someone to talk with and encourage him. Sure, he liked his roommate well enough, but he really didn’t interact with too many people at the Academy. At least, not outside of his study groups he was forming.

And his adopted sister? They talked SO often these days. Not only were they taking Commander Harrison’s class together, they just needed to catch up because there were so many lightyears between them now. But he had not heard from Kyler in quite a while. He tried contacting her just the other day, but the line was busy. Was she not taking his calls now? Was she too cool for him? Did she not care for him anymore? No, that was just ridiculous. He needed to know what was happening, though. He had to know what was going on with his family.

It sucked being stuck on Earth. He thought he could handle it, but the not knowing was killing him. Leo had already opened a comm channel and closed it five times now. It was ridiculous. If Tristan and Kyler were not responding, what if it was something else? What if the ship was under attack? What if they were in trouble? No, that was ridiculous. Maybe they were just busy. Who else could he contact on the ship? Uncle Bones! Well, the guy hated that nickname because he wasn’t really an uncle by any means, and certainly not to Leo.

With a sharp intake of air, he opened the comm link again. This time, though, he pulled up a connection with Commander McCoy. The one doctor Tristan trusted when Leo would end up with a skinned knee or something minor like that. After all, trying to control your telekinesis and getting used to a new planet meant you could get banged up a little. And being a rough-housing older brother. Doctor McCoy was always there for him. “Doctor McCoy,” he greeted the gruff southerner, straightening in his chair almost on instinct – out of respect. “I’m sorry if I’m bothering you,” he just instantly apologized, not even knowing if the man would remember him.

(( OOC: Tag @CROWEATER hope this is okay! ))
lieutenant commander LEONARD HORATIO MCCOY
Croweater UTC He/Him 31 Offline 15-October 12 SCIENCE
5170 POINTS EARNED
912 POSTS MADE
Bones
chief medical officer
Straight
human
medical
PLOT WITH Bones
With yawn Leonard walked down the corridors of the ship, slowly making his way from sickbay and back to his quarters. The southern doctor couldn't wait to kick off his shoes and collapse on the couch. His shift seemed as if it just wouldn't end. It was one of those days where he hardly got a moment to himself, even his 'free' time had been spent playing counselor to a teenage girl. He wasn't a counselor and he sure as hell wasn't a psychiatrist. That was Paradis' job, not his.

Needless to say by the time he got off he didn't want to talk to anyone, he was so tired he wasn't even hungry anymore. Though he would, of course, eat later for the moment all he had other thoughts.

Entering the code he walked into the quarters he and Alice shared. Without a thought of anything but relaxing, he kicked off his shoes and headed to the kitchen. Grabbing a glass he opened the decanter of whiskey and poured himself a drink. He filled it so full that he actually had to bend over to ship a little of it before he could lift the glass.

He had just gotten it down enough so that he could lift it when his PADD chimed signaling an incoming call. "I swear to god if that's sickbay...." He groaned as he walked over to the PADD, snatching it up he almost growled but when he saw Leonidas' face he sighed in relief.

"No you're not a bother. I'm just tired it's been a long day." He admitted as he grabbed his drink from the counter picking it up he took a sip before moving to the couch with Leonidas in hand. "It's funny you called, I just an interesting talk with your sister." Leonard said as he positioned himself on the couch. Quietly placing his glass on a coaster, like a well-trained husband, as he got the PADD positioned in its holder, making it stand up on its own on the coffee table.

--------------------
user posted image
Avvie|Siggy By Lee
365 POINTS EARNED
18 POSTS MADE
Leo
looks 30
possibly linguist
heterosexual
platonian
starfleet academy
PLOT WITH Leo
While he was waiting the very brief time for the comm link to connect, Leonidas was starting to question whether or not he should be doing this. After all, if something had happened, surely Starfleet Command would have let him know? He was listed as the next-of-kin for both his father and his sister. The sheer thought made the telekinetic swallow hard. Just as the feed connected to a rather exhausted looking Uncle McCoy. Then again, when was Uncle McCoy not completely exhausted looking? He probably had a long day at work. Leo had a stack of studying he should have been working on, but the radio silence from the ship was starting to get to him. Maybe he just needed to fly out there? Was it possible? Maybe.

Was it smart? No.

As Uncle McCoy seemed to let out a physical sigh of relief, Leo felt his bottom lip suck into his mouth and he chewed on it for a moment. “Sorry about the long day,” he offered, not really knowing what else he could say. But by the look of alcohol in the other man’s hand (something Leo had decided to swear off of since that day before dad and Kyler left for the ship), Leo felt like he was intruding. Greatly. Clearly, Uncle McCoy just needed his space. Peace and quiet. Now might not be a good time to bring up the allergy issues, either. Then again, if he ended up sneezing while on the call, that might give some indication. Or if the screen was clear enough to see the puffy eyes and the red nose.

Leo was a mess. San Francisco hated him.

“Ky … is she … is she okay? I haven’t heard from her in a while and I tried to call and it didn’t connect and I was getting worried and …,” Leo stopped himself forcibly by clearing his throat. “I mean … oh? Anything I should know about?” He ran a hand through his hair, taking a breath to let the good doctor get a word in edgewise. Idly, Leo sniffed his nose to stop it from running. Because that ever did any good. Was she okay, though? Is that why he hadn’t heard from her in so long? What was happening over there? Did he need to charter the fastest shuttle or whatever and get out there? That was pretty much impossible. Hey, he stowed away on a ship once, he’d do it again in a heartbeat for his sister.

Even if he was a bit bigger now.

@LEONARD HORATIO MCCOY

lieutenant commander LEONARD HORATIO MCCOY
Croweater UTC He/Him 31 Offline 15-October 12 SCIENCE
5170 POINTS EARNED
912 POSTS MADE
Bones
chief medical officer
Straight
human
medical
PLOT WITH Bones
Stifling another yawn Leonard lifted his drinking bringing the glass to hips lips. He took a long swig before he put it back down on the coaster. Quietly he licked the remaining whiskey from his lips and nodded slightly, "You have no idea..." He replied with a groan, "Honestly when you called I was afraid it was sickbay trying to drag me back in." Leonard would have fought it, he didn't want to go back -- he couldn't. He was human after all, and humans got tired far quicker than their nonhuman counterparts. Even if he would be the first to admit he would work himself to death if he could. Even he had to take a break now and again.

"It's been a long few days." Leonard admitted, as he ran a hand over his face. He was curious as to why Leonidas had called him so he wasn't about to ignore him. Especially not with the conversation he'd had today still fresh in his mind.

Doctor-patient confidentiality was something that Leonard usually upheld but in this case, he wasn't sure what to do. Kyler needed her family. While he was willing to help where he could he felt as if she needed to talk to Leonidas. But he didn't bring it up since he wasn't sure if maybe she was mad at him as well.

The good doctor sighed, "Normally I'd keep it to myself, doctor-patient shit, but she's having it rough here. Hell her and Tristan. From what I can gather she decided she wants to go into engineering." He told the younger man matter of factly. "She seems to think Tristan has been lying to her about how her mom died. It's not my business to get in the middle and I don't want to. But the kid was in my office... I was kind of forced to listen." Leonard said with a roll of his eyes. Sure he cared but this sort of thing wasn't in his job description.

Being the doctor that he was the look on Leonidas' face didn't go unnoticed, the puffy eyes and red eyes. "Are you sick, or is it allergies?" He demanded, "I can suggest something, and even e-mail you a prescription. I know a guy in the academy that'll give it to you without question."

--------------------
user posted image
Avvie|Siggy By Lee
365 POINTS EARNED
18 POSTS MADE
Leo
looks 30
possibly linguist
heterosexual
platonian
starfleet academy
PLOT WITH Leo
Leonidas reached for the nearby mug of somewhat stale coffee. It was something. And it kept him going. Even though he had a harrowing experience with a certain admiral in the library. Maybe Admiral Pike had been right? Maybe he should actually get seen? Of course, only Uncle McCoy would really know his personal medical history – and his personal history. Why he didn’t want to get seen in the first place. By anyone. Much less some green-behind-the-ears noob at Starfleet Medical. He sipped on the coffee much as the other man worked on his whiskey.

“Well, I hope I can be a more welcome face, then,” he tried for a smile, not even knowing if that was the right phrase. Or a phrase worth using at all. Although he had lived on Earth for a few years now, okay several years now, Leonidas was still trying to get a grasp on the local lingo. Which is why he was studying what he was studying. Linguistics! Reading was easier than speaking but even then, the context of some Earth Standard language was puzzling for him. But at least he was trying. And at least he wasn’t Sickbay calling his uncle back to duty after a long shift.

A long few days? Leonidas hoped it was nothing serious.

But as he mentioned something about seeing Kyler, the alien found himself sitting on the edge of his chair now. Was she alright? “I told him not to take her. To leave her here with me,” Leonidas grumbled on the other side of the line as Uncle McCoy started spilling the beans. Maybe this was why neither of them were picking up? They were too set in their own ways and stubborn about things to realize maybe they needed some input from other family members. What was he, chopped liver? Maybe he could try (again) to talk sense into their father? Leo remembered now discussing topic ideas for their paper for Commander Harrison’s class.

“Oh heavens and stars above,” Leonidas mumbled, shaking his head as he mentioned the engineering thing. “Dad thinks engineering as a discipline is cursed, since it took away mom and Elijah. On the Constitution. It was space pirates, but he has basically been telling us this whole time that engineering was cursed and to avoid the field like the plague. Which is clearly ridiculous. But you try arguing with a self-entitled … scientist,” Leonidas swallowed, hating to use the word to describe his adoptive father, Tristan. But that’s what he was. A scientist.

Closing his eyes for a moment, Leonidas took a breath.

“Well, if either of them would answer my calls, I would try to talk sense into them,” he rubbed his nose again. This time, though, the fair doctor decided to speak up. Maybe he should’ve called him before? Or maybe he should’ve let things be? “I think its allergies. I was fine in Greece, but … I think this so-called Bay Area? I think I’m allergic to it. All of it,” Leonidas sighed like a boy getting his hand trapped in the cookie jar. Hopefully Uncle McCoy didn’t ask how he had been treating it without going to the dreaded Starfleet Medical.

Benadryl and coffee.

Was he trying to kill himself? No. Was he avidly avoiding medical personnel? Yes.

@LEONARD HORATIO MCCOY

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Rise of the Believers Welcome to Starfleet Bombarda Maxima: Personified Trischool Potterverse The Almanac Effect ScatterStar The Corner Of No And Where With Great Powers Shadow Fleet 

SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE AND CAUTION
NO SPAM NO ADS NO DRAMA